zondag 13 januari 2008

Negritos festival in Huancavelica

The Ormeno bus took me throught the high Andes, I got all romantic by gazing at the litlle bits of Puna in the dark, and reached Huancavelica at 5 am, no rested but satisfied. On the road I talked to Idaliza, a girl of 10 and her friends who were on a trip from concrete Lima.They were thrilled by talking to a gringa, and as our bus got its motor started, she ran up the bus and asked me for my email. I hope she ll write me.It is strange what nature does with children, and it is even stranger we can t let them have it...
In Huanca, the hotels were fully booked, there seemed to be something going on...My gringa charm just made it for a room and a tv and hot water, which I all consider luxury items, but which would seem to be so welcome the following day.
The Negritos festival beating hard, I stayed pegged to my bed, and that s where I m heading now again. Dreams are so precious to me....

2 opmerkingen:

rox zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.
rox zei

hey schattie, hoe is het nu?
ben je aan het genieten van je nieuwe omgeving? het klinkt alsof het daar erg mooi en goed is.
dikke zoen