vrijdag 11 januari 2008

Cherokee

So up on the Mirador I awed at the lines, which are a mystery to everyone, and which never ever dissapear, the torandos just clean them and after they passed they look as if they were freshly made. I saw the tree, the hands and the cut off tail of the lizard
I was happy that I didn t take the avionetta, and didn t give in to my cravong of seeing more lines, but also polluting the universe a bit more...
Amazed by this sight, I decided to walk to the cerrito a little further along the Pan Amrticana, with some Neil Young tunes mending my soul with this magnificent landscape. I fell completely fulfilled, walking like a hobo, and thought I had credit cards, and water, everything to start myself with in getting lost in the middle of nowhere....Only the raindrops were falling, and started to fall even harder as I git closer to the cerrito.
Completely soaked, but blissfull I put out my thumb, and an old Cherokee stopped for me. THe man, a Robert Mitchum type, copper miner, came from lovely Andahuallyas and had been living in hot Nazca for 15 years now.

Oh I forgot to tell you about Magali, a crazy but gorgeous woman, whom came out of the cabinet of the dr when I was taking pictures from across the street, and seeing me she thought I d like it if she modelled for me
We got talkin´and she invited me to her home, she only thought I was much younger, and a good fit for her son. No luck. But as she was going to Lima for a few days, to stock on for her handicrafts, and as I am going to Ica and Huancavelica, another loooooooooooooooooooooomg busride, our caminos separated....Too bad, she was really fun, and I felt like being in another era.....
Strange Nazca, it gets to you...

Geen opmerkingen: