woensdag 2 januari 2008

Busses drivin' backwards

Well well
Nazca...
Finally I hit the road, after two more weeks of hesitations, I m gettin' good at it...and after having Ann predictin' my future,I fell it was time to go on my way.
So brave as un oso hermoso, I woke up early early afer my birth night, and reached the busstation at 7 am, i thought I d have enough time to fetch a ticket.
Unfortunately, everything for the 8 am departure was sold out, so I smudged myself with a few hot chocolates and fresh bread in one of the few foodstands...
10 am was the next departure, and I sat in Huamanga bus, with a zillion passengers, not one gringo , I was happy.
The bus left with 1 hour 30 delay, but this is Peru...some things are the way they are.
I soon marvelled at the snowy peaks, the beautiful Apurimac department, and the puna, ahh my beloved puna. What it is that attracts me to vast deserts I dunno, I think the sense of freedom one feels being disturbed by nothing at all, not one tree, no rabbit, just a few stingy pune grasses a cold wind and some llamas, alpacas, and cowboys
I fell asleep, untill a commotion hit the bus, a Wari bus had fallen over, 2 deaths...it wouldn t be the last ones we saw...unfortunately
It turned out to be the bus I would have taken if I had had a ticket in the morning. Providence smiled upon me.
Knock on wood.
Sleepy again, my lucid dreamin got disturbed by the bus doing strange manoeuvres... driving backwards...
after hours of trying we finally got going in the right direction, but the drivers left the boot open, and all the material fell out. So we stopped again, and started the whole process over
A second time we went the right way and reached PampaMarca, and the bus died...
The first driver went to a village 1 hour 30 from there, and never came back, cell hones were of no use, cuz we were in the middle of nowhere... at a high altitude...
People were gettin impatient, and we went from anger to jokes to anger,...
So we decided to wait untill another bus, joking about what kind of bus it would be a cardboard one, with an old driver, would come and deliver us from our agony
but it never came
Stranded we were and stranded we would be for 12 hours
So when a Huamanga bus came the other direction I hoped on it, and went back to where I came from, Cuzco, oh no not again...Had an early New Years eve with delightful Peter, and lmarvelled at the stars, talked to Apus, the mountain gods and felt happy...

So now I m here,in Cuzco, I bumped into Rey, started to paint and moved 3 times, slept with a real tree, and nightmares of my beloved one started all over.

I wish I could interpret signs more adequately, that would be a real deliverance.Clear intuition, that s my wish.....

4 opmerkingen:

rox zei

hahaha, dat verhaal was spannend, grappig en ontroerend tegelijk.
gelukkig nieuwjaar lieve schat, ik hoop dat het een mooi jaar wordt en vooral een jaar vol liefde!

rox zei

zeg schattie, ik ben aan het zoeken om jouw blog meer bekendheid te geven.
dat zou moeten lukken als je er nog extra een extra ondertitel bijzet enz..
zoals vb 'travelblog' etc.
ik probeer ook op de lonely planet uw link te droppen, dan komen er waarschijnlijk ook meer mensen lezen.
ben er dus mee bezig. hihi

florianne zei

youhou quelle histoire psychodellic!!!! t'as vue des morts!!!ohohohoh bizar bizar!!! J

Martina zei

Eindelijk weet ik waar je uithangt. Spannend verhaal
Veel geluk
Martina