woensdag 13 februari 2008

Such a long time ago....

Where have I been
In the jungle of Pucallpa,and enjoying Marly s Alemans company, now I am in Iquitos and will try to update my blog...The jungle is something I love...

On Marly, Mary she loves Bob Marley hence she likes to b called Marly.....
She s something, Fico s sister, Fico is the boyfriend of Annita, Roosjes sister, my schoolfriend...
And Fico is from Pucallpa, but lives in Belgium, so when I told him I was goona go to Peru, he gave me his sister s address and that s how I met up with Mary Marly and her family...in Cocoroco, a neighbourhood of Yarina, close to Pucallpa...I had a wonderful time, wandered about in the heat of the midday sun, and went to get bread in the local panaderia, they re called Biko s.So I ate a lot of Bikos, and tons of eggs and lovely platanos, which I can t get enough of and maduros, basically the same as unripe bananas,fried and ripe bananas , fried....
Hanging around with Mary is kind of fun, she doesn t like to leave the safety of her home, although I wonder if that is the real reason of her lingering about the entire day, platita might be in for it too...Oh but she s one and all laughs, has wonderful kids, Cory and Julio, well educated, kind and helpfull, a funny parakiet, and interesting neighbours...
We slept early and woke up early, like chickens.
And we did some excursions on the lake to look at Fico s paradisiacal house in the jungle, with a canoe, and to the Anaconda where lovely chicas put up a dancing act, and we as well, and discovered the nightlife of Pucallpa....and so many things more.It was a tremendous pleasure for me to be around a family...
I m surely going to miss her.
I also went to Santa CLara a Shipibo community near San Francisco, the touristy version of the former. There I found some peace out of the chaos of Pucallpa, and also met Julian whom invited me to his family in San Francisco. A cup of Masato, yuca drink, a fish and platano asado was put in front of me while I spoke to Miqueos, the young but down to earth shaman, curandero.
3 months I d need to get cured...and to get closer to the plants.... something for next year?
In Sta Clara we let the izulas, venomenous giant ants, go their way while we were led by a group of young children into the botanical garden, and we let the mosquitos suck our blood.
If the purified the blood while they were sucking, like they do with water, that would be a good deal, but I have a slight suspicion they don t.
Doing the dishes at Marys, for once, I commited a mass murder, thousands of ants had found their way to the bottom of a cup and I couldn t get them out in time, o what a tragedy, at least they didn t die alone.

1 opmerking:

rox zei

ja zeg, zo 10 dagen weg. ik was natuurlijk ongerust. klinkt idd fantastisch daar. en die mary marly seems good fun.
geniet daar nog maar van de laatste weken/dagen.
denk veel aan jou.
kuskus